Need help please

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

codydaniels

Need help please

Post by codydaniels »

I finaly got my car running but when I pull up my runtime display the rpm's show 2197483647.I can change the values on the timming map and reflash,but nothing seems to change.I put all new 2n2222a's in the board and tried it again,same thing.What would cause this to happen? I'm stumped and can't tune my car untill this is fixed.Maybe something is in backwards.I have checked the pixs under the assembly section but cant quit tell if mine are in right.Can someone please help the new guy

brentp
Site Admin

You might have a problem with

Post by brentp »

You might have a problem with your build. Remember, the EDIS module will work without being 'controlled' by the MJLJ- it'll just stay at 10 degrees BTDC, in it's limp-home mode.

Can you read and load configurations from the MJLJ? if your runtime display doesn't work it would indicate you wouldn't be able talk to it at all.

Using a timing light do you see the ignition advance change at all or does it stay fixed?

The root of the problem likely lies in a problem in the build- check for the proper components installed, check for bad solder joints (cold joints and solder bridges). Go through the installation steps under online 'books' and make sure you have +5v power to the chips and oscillator.

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

codydaniels

I have proper power to everyt

Post by codydaniels »

I have proper power to everything.The diodes might be backwards.Looking at the board with the molex plug on the right and the map sensor towards the bottom the colored stripes on the diodes are(left to right)tan,black,red and gold.R10,R2,R6,R8,R4,R5,R11,R9,R7.

codydaniels

I forgot to mention,I started

Post by codydaniels »

I forgot to mention,I started the car without the mjlj and it wont go to much above idle without "stumbling" is it possible that maybe my laptop just isn't showing the rpm's?With the mjlj module connected it is pretty smoth throghout the rpm range although I haven't realy stood on it yet.