PGM Output behavior

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

chriscook

PGM Output behavior

Post by chriscook »

I have just been checking the communications with my MJLJ which I have just completed. I was trying to check if the PGM outputs work but i see from another thread that they will not be updated until it starts recieving the PIP signal from the EDIS.

Is there a way to make it update the outputs when it initialises? The reason I want to do this is that i have an illuminated 'start' button that I was planning to light via the MJLJ so that the PGM1 output is switched to earth below 500rpm to illuminate the button, and as soon as the engine is running the light goes out.

I've had a look at the source code for the latest firmware (even though I don't know any assembly). To me it looks like line 755 calls the update of the outputs:

jsr UPDATE_USER_OUTPUTS ;update the user outputs

Can this line just be put somewhere in with the initialisation section of the code? If yes where can it safely go as no doubt somethings will need to happen before it can update the outputs?

Thanks,
Chris

brentp
Site Admin

The new beta firmware will pr

Post by brentp »

The new beta firmware will properly initialize the outputs at start-up.

You might want to test it out!- you can switch back to the old one if you need to.

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

chriscook

I'll give it a try over the w

Post by chriscook »

I'll give it a try over the weekend. Any updates on how the interpolation is holding up in the beta?

Cheers,
Chris

Josh_b

beta

Post by Josh_b »

i have done about 200 road miles with it and it seems ok

chriscook

I've tried v3 of the firmware

Post by chriscook »

I've tried v3 of the firmware and it doesn't seem to update the outputs at startup. do I have a problem elsewhere it that case?

I could try hooking up the VR sensor and driving the trigger wheel with a drill to see if that makes them work...

Cheers,
Chris

(PS I do not have a TPS or VR sensor connected at the moment - just bare wires)

chriscook

I have temporarily wired up a

Post by chriscook »

I have temporarily wired up a TPS and the VR sensor and the outputs appear to work when the vr sensor is picking up, but still not when the mjlj starts up. I really need this to happen, is the source for the beta firmware going to become available so i can have a look and try to get it working?

chris