New configuration software will arrive soon

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

4600cc

New configuration software will arrive soon

Post by 4600cc »

I've been working on configuration software for megajolt. Software is for Windows, written in C++Builder, when completely finished it will be packed with features to enable user tune the ignition map quickly and easily.

ETA for the software with basic features, same as current tuner, is one to two weeks. After basic stuff is done other new features will follow fast, a fully developed tuner is possible by summer.

Some of the basic features:

* Can use COM1 to COM9
* Fully customizable communication properties
* Can search available serial ports for megajolt hardware
* Progressive tabbing, you can tab through the ignition table in the following order, RPM grid 1 to 10, MAP grid 1 to 10, then ignition table from top to bottom each column
* Pressing CTRL and any of the arrow keys will move cursor around from cell to cell.
* Pressing SHIFT and any of the arrow keys will increase values faster.
* Colors of the table are completely customizable.
* Full help support.
* Pressing CTRL or SHIFT on any of the edit cells will highlight the contents.
* Can include author name, engine type, and other misc information in the files.
* Recently open file history, customizable to hold from few to many values.
* Full compatibility with original megajolt configuration files.

Some of the advanced feature:

* Auto tuning. You can drive and hit spacebar when you notice knocking, program will pronounce rpm bin value, map bin value, and ignition advance value, then either make a note of the knock location or retard timing several degrees and update configuration automatically.

* 3D map representation. A map will be represented using a 3D graph, bar and surface. This map will be editable.

* Live maps. Both table and 3D map will display active rpm and map bins and the timing advance value (while engine is running), user will be able to change ignition advance values in real time.

* Telemetry acquisition. Rpm, map, and ignition advance values will be recorded while engine is accelerating. This telemetry will be represented as a graph then.

Possibilities:

* Megajolt firmware in addition to ignition advance map uses 3 lookup tables of the same size as ignition advance map, 10 x 10. With modification of this firmware these 3 maps could be removed, and it will be possible to have ignition table of up to 20 bins by 20 bins. Configuration program will then upload lookup values instead of actual BTDC values, and for each selection of EDIS, 4, 6, or 8, a different firmware image will be used.

* Linux port. Program is written in C++Builder, using VCL library. Once converted to CLX, gui part of the program becomes x compatible. However, program also contains libraries written using winapi, so this portion of the program will have to be rewritten for linux. I done my best to make everything modular, so port shouldn't be too hard.

If you have a feature suggestion, write to me. [email protected] If I use your idea you will be given full credit.

AL

brentp
Site Admin

AL, This is simply fanstas

Post by brentp »

AL,

This is simply fanstastic! Thanks for your hard work, I look forward to testing it.

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Josh_b

new software great stuff

Post by Josh_b »

Like Brent i really look forward to seeing it, and thanks :-)

Todd Charles

I would like to say thanks al

Post by Todd Charles »

I would like to say thanks also! I am sure others here read this post with great anticipation also.

Todd

4600cc

3 weeks not two

Post by 4600cc »

Let's add one more week for the basic version. I was sent to Orlando for several days to do some contracting work, I have my laptop, but I doubt I'll have time up here to concentrate on programming. At this point basic version is 90% done.

Don't ignore my voice auditions post, record your voice and send it to me.

viatron

any news on this?

Post by viatron »

any news on a proposed release date yet?

regards
Mac

4600cc

I don't actually work on this

Post by 4600cc »

I don't actually work on this 8 hours a day, if I pull 8 hours a week it's a good thing. Usually I program after work, during lauch, and on weekends. Thus far I have about 1 meg of source or plain text: http://picasso.org/mjlj/?q=filestore/download/372

I'm stuck at the moment, can't get communication to work. But once I have it up and running everything else will be easy. I can't wait to get this project up and running myself. I need some features in order to tune my ignition map well.

4600cc

Ok, this full just find out w

Post by 4600cc »

Ok, this full just find out what was the problem with communication! a) I was reading too much data, b) I was setting timeouts after configuring port.

Read process is write C, read 10 rpm bins, read 10 map bins, read 100 advance values, read 1 number of cylinders, read 1 byte with uo mode and type information, read 4 bytes with uo triggers, read 1 byte for rev limit, read 1 byte for shift light. I was reading 8 bytes for uo mode and type. :-( E-Mail Brent, ask him to provide better support for me.