Which Programe

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Greenie

Which Programe

Post by Greenie »

Can anyone help me please, I have a Megajolt Lite Jr installed on my recently purchased Locost 7 running in conjunction with a 1.8 Zetec with R1 bike carbs. I have been supplied with no instruction manual etc, where can I get or is there such a thing in existance. I am eager to have a play with the system, I have do possess a Lap Top which apparently I will need. PLEASE HELP!

4600cc

You can get an idea of thing

Post by 4600cc »

You can get an idea of thing by reading these forums, there is no instruction manual, although steps are simple: Connect PC to Megajolt, start up tuner program, retune ignition map.

Here is link to the tuner program <a href="http://www.picasso.org/mjlj/?q=node/709 ... ode/709</a>

Basically you connect your laptop to Megajolt using a serial cable, it is a two row 25 pin plug. Your laptop is either old and has a serial plug or it doesnt, if it doesnt, then you need to get a "USB to Serial adapter". You can get USB to serial adapter (if you need it) and DB-25 male to female cable on eBay, search for those, they cheap.

Once you connected cable to computer, start up program, select proper serial port number, and click Get Config to download configuration from Megajolt. Play around and you will learn more.

MartinM

^^^as above^^^ ...but they

Post by MartinM »

^^^as above^^^

...but they are DB-9 (ie 9 pin) connectors, not DB-25 (ie 25 pin) connectors

Greenie

Connection

Post by Greenie »

Cheers, I have know aquired a USB lead that will apparently do the job, there has been an issue with the interface on my lap top, which will be hopefully sorted by weekend. I will let you know how I go on. And yes this site is great for us novices. Al I need now is some maps for a 1.8 Zetec running on R1 bike carbs, but I am sure it will on here some where. Cheers everyone.

Greenie

Connection

Post by Greenie »

I am now experiencing an error message telling me that it will not connect because PORT COM 1 is in use?

Any ideas?

Greenie

Which Programe

Post by Greenie »

A big big thanks to everyone who replied to my frustrating plight, I have finally got my Lap Top talking to the ECU on the car and I am amased at the flexibility of the system, all I need now are some maps for a 1.8 Zetec rnning on R1 carbs, but I am sure I am going to have great fun experimenting with my own ideas.........Thanks again!