intro frm me the newbie

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

ukminiturbo

intro frm me the newbie

Post by ukminiturbo »

how ya doing all! i'm in the uk building a mini 1000cc turbo & plan to run it with megajolt, seemed the easist way to deal with timing issues & futre mods to the ignition, i also heard great things from alot of ppl so here i am, i've just got a megajolt kit frm martin milliner in the uk, he's a trusted seller on egay too! top bloke & recomended!

i'll try to do pics of my megajolt project in my mini to hopefully help others, i'm in need of a few mini related maps to get it going so if anyone has any relating to a turbocharged a-series engine that would be really appreciated alot!

i am a bit of a novice to all this so i'll be posting questions & going throught the search facility like a nutter for answers

cheers to all to do with megajolt! seems a great bt of kit! & hopefully now the fun will begin :D

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello, and welcome!

We're at your disposal for answering questions, so let us know how we can help.

For an ignition map- the default map loaded in the unit is the same one I use in my 1.6L Turbocharged 4AG motor- I've tested it up to about 20 PSI and it seems to work very well, so I think it's actually would be a very good starting point for you.

If you refine it or find anything better please post it under the ignition map library section, and we'd love to see pictures of your install!

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

ukminiturbo

Post by ukminiturbo »

thanks brent! it seems a good piece of kit & i think once i have it running o my mini i'll get another for my rover v8 engine, i have one map i obtained from a fellow mini owner, its in the picture format how its displayed on the pc, i'll pop the pic in the maps section with details, i'm at the stage of waiting for edis components to arrive in the post! & i should start making the trigger wheel & brackets for the parts within about a week&half so will report back then, i'll read other mini/a-series/turbo related posts on here till then! try to clue myself up a little, cheers :)

Gilesy998

Post by Gilesy998 »

This is a guide I wrote last year for Minifinity - CLICKY It's constantly altered and reviewed, but covers the most important installation issues.
Also, that looks a lot like wil_h's "Green mini" map, am I close? :lol:

ukminiturbo

Post by ukminiturbo »

how do gilesy, thats a decent read there on minifinity, i dont go on to many of the forums but i've added that to my favourites :)
yep! that is a will-h map, he'd help me alot with advice about my current turbo build, just building my engne at the moment then it'll be a blitz weekend to get it in & running then refine it over a week, sort out any teething troubles!

ukminiturbo

Post by ukminiturbo »

how do gilesy, thats a decent read there on minifinity, i dont go on to many of the forums but i've added that to my favourites :)
yep! that is a will-h map, he'd help me alot with advice about my current turbo build, just building my engne at the moment then it'll be a blitz weekend to get it in & running then refine it over a week, sort out any teething troubles!