Our wishes go out to the many suffering from the UK floods

General discussion on Autosport Labs, the mission, website, content, etc.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Our wishes go out to the many suffering from the UK floods

Post by brentp »

Just a short note to our many friends in the UK - we hope you and your loved ones are safe and sound in the wake of the recent flooding.

How did everyone fare over the weekend? We were shocked to find out about the thousands of people left without power or shelter.

Best wishes,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

Yes, it's quite grim for many around Gloucester, Hull, and places like that. Hardly on the scale of New Orleans, but a lot of inconvenience, misery and disruption for many.

I am very lucky as I live on the eastern side of Britain, which rarely gets heavy rain (it's classed as semi-arid normally!) but the persistent dripping weather gets on your nerves. I'm just glad that I live on the top of a hill...

Hopefully summer will arrive eventually - once the jetstream moves north and away from the UK!

David

fragged8

floods

Post by fragged8 »

serves them right for building on flood plains, the clue is in the name :idea:

seriously though , nice of you to post your best wishes Brent

where are you in the east david?
im close to norwich.

richard

fikus01

Post by fikus01 »

im an essex lad and i do sympathise with those who are in the floods at the moment as i can well imagina the chaos and upset it would cause. but at the same time i cant help but see pictures of flooded land for miles around except for a church on a hill that is still bone dry and ho an island!! makes u wonder how smart we really are if 1000 years ago they got it right doesnt it! tho they didnt have a magajolt!
DO SOMETHING SILLY, TURBO AN 1100CC METRO :)

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

We're 30 miles away in Bristol and, apart from it being a bit damp and raining most of the time (it is the cricket season after all!), we're fine.

Commiserations to all those affected - lack of electricity and running water is a serious problem to large numbers of people, let alone a complete PITA for everyone :?

david jenkins

Re: floods

Post by david jenkins »

fragged8 wrote:serves them right for building on flood plains, the clue is in the name :idea:
where are you in the east david?
im close to norwich.
Just south of Ipswich...

fragged8

ipswich

Post by fragged8 »

hehe
Ipswich ---- i'll be knocking on ya door if i cant get this running :D

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

fikus01 wrote:im an essex lad and i do sympathise with those who are in the floods at the moment as i can well imagina the chaos and upset it would cause. but at the same time i cant help but see pictures of flooded land for miles around except for a church on a hill that is still bone dry and ho an island!! makes u wonder how smart we really are if 1000 years ago they got it right doesnt it! tho they didnt have a magajolt!
Insightful observation. You guys have enough history behind you to make that observation possible. It also shows that as time goes on some key bits of knowledge have to be re-learned.. Not unlike the renaissance period.

With Katrina, floods that happen on a 100 or 100's of year cycle will certainly bite us again!

Brent