No MAP reading

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

advantage998

No MAP reading

Post by advantage998 »

Had the engine running on Megajolt for 4 days now, been working brilliantly, altered the ignition mapping this morning and uploaded it, which has worked fine.

But now the MAP sensor doesn't seem to work, it'll either read 100kpa or 0kpa. Whats gone wrong here? Is there a setting to be change or has a physical part gone wrong, the hose from the carb is fine and still providing a vacuum.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
________
Dodge St. Regis
Last edited by advantage998 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Under what conditions do you see either 100 or 0 KPa?

With the software running, what do you observe when you manually adjust the vacuum (using your breath, squeeze bulb, etc) ?

Did the load calibration table change, by chance? (configuration software, under Tools / Load Axis Calibration) Try saving the data to a file and paste the text into a reply on this thread.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

advantage998

Post by advantage998 »

Just saved the calibration settings and its as follows:

So i think you've hit the nail on the head, how do i resolve this problem?? All i did when i changed the mapping was to open the file i was sent and write it to the MJ. When sucking or blowing on the pipe it still does the same.

P.S. let me know when you've seen this as i'll edit it and remove that long list.

Thanks Tom
________
medical marijuana patients
Last edited by advantage998 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

advantage998

Post by advantage998 »

Here is a screen shot of the runtime data as well.

________
no2 vaporizers
Last edited by advantage998 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes, it looks like your calibration data was overwritten. Any chance you accidentally went through the "calibrate TPS " process ? That might've caused the problem.

You can restore the calibration data by loading the appropriate file. I'll follow up with another post with the appropriate calibration for the MPX4250 map sensor.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Here you go, load this calibration data file and you should be back to normal.
Attachments
mjlj_mpx4250ap_calibration.txt
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

advantage998

Post by advantage998 »

Awesome, just loaded it and it works fine again. Hmm i may of had a little fiddle with the tps button :oops:

Thanks very much for the help.
________
aromed vaporizers
Last edited by advantage998 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

No worries, and you're welcome!

just wanted to know if there was a weird bug to fix. :)

Happy motoring,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter