RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
MegaJolt and boost
Post MegaJolt and boost 
Hello,

I searched for turbo and found some threads but I really looking for some simple answers.

Can Megajolt work with forced induction, Is there a document on this? I saw some pictures of a MAP sensors in peoples DIY setups but does the kit some with a 2bar sensor?

I'm going to be running around 7psi and a intercooler on my spitfire 1500 via a mini supercharger. I hear much more boost and the air is heated too much and any advantage is lost.

Any help is most welcome.

Thank you.

See the Configuring Normally Aspirated or Forced Induction section from http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V3_Operation_Guide, can measure up to 21 psi of boost with the standard MAP sensor specified.
More boost = more heat => bigger intercooler to keep the charge temperature down and gain the advantage.

I should have said it better. I meant more boost more heat from the mini supercharger but I am going to use an ally intercooler which I already have. I printed the document and will have a look.

Cheers

What willl you be using to control the fuel side of things?
Pressuirised carb(s)?
________
Honda Nh Series Specifications

Last edited by -Ad- on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Hello, That's the idea. I have seen someones turbo MG using a carb pre turbo but they had no intercooler which I thought was a little crazy.

Hi the reason they dont use an intercooler with the carb before the turbo/supercharger is becuase you then have a pipe/ intercooler full of explosive gas ready to go off (its already been heated too!) if the engine backfires/ timing is slighty too advance then youl blow the fron of your car off!

im running a supercahrger on my capri using mjl too, works great! its better than a dizzy ever could be becuase i can dial in some retard at any arp/ boost pressure, but still keep the rest of the timing advanced up for performance!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1