MegaJolt and boost

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

supercharger_1500

MegaJolt and boost

Post by supercharger_1500 »

Hello,

I searched for turbo and found some threads but I really looking for some simple answers.

Can Megajolt work with forced induction, Is there a document on this? I saw some pictures of a MAP sensors in peoples DIY setups but does the kit some with a 2bar sensor?

I'm going to be running around 7psi and a intercooler on my spitfire 1500 via a mini supercharger. I hear much more boost and the air is heated too much and any advantage is lost.

Any help is most welcome.

Thank you.

rbalmford

Post by rbalmford »

Hi,

See the Configuring Normally Aspirated or Forced Induction section from http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V3_Operation_Guide, can measure up to 21 psi of boost with the standard MAP sensor specified.
More boost = more heat => bigger intercooler to keep the charge temperature down and gain the advantage.

supercharger_1500

Thanks, I will have a look!

supercharger_1500

Hi,

I should have said it better. I meant more boost more heat from the mini supercharger but I am going to use an ally intercooler which I already have. I printed the document and will have a look.

Cheers

-Ad-

Post by -Ad- »

What willl you be using to control the fuel side of things?
Pressuirised carb(s)?
________
Honda Nh Series Specifications
Last edited by -Ad- on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

supercharger_1500

Hello, That's the idea. I have seen someones turbo MG using a carb pre turbo but they had no intercooler which I thought was a little crazy.

Supercharged Nat

Post by Supercharged Nat »

Hi the reason they dont use an intercooler with the carb before the turbo/supercharger is becuase you then have a pipe/ intercooler full of explosive gas ready to go off (its already been heated too!) if the engine backfires/ timing is slighty too advance then youl blow the fron of your car off!

im running a supercahrger on my capri using mjl too, works great! its better than a dizzy ever could be becuase i can dial in some retard at any arp/ boost pressure, but still keep the rest of the timing advanced up for performance!