S2 lotus europa

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

alexander

S2 lotus europa

Post by alexander »

completed and running, and i am really struck by the vast improvement in starting, idling and acceleration, achieved by moving from a points type ignition, to the mj.

in order...
*the engine, with vr sensor built into the old distributor..
*close up of the distributor .. 35mm trigger wheel, sensor from FC series RX7 crank angle sensor
*the car in question.

two more photos in following post
Attachments
Pana0011.jpg
Pana0011.jpg (113.87 KiB) Viewed 8755 times
Pana0009.jpg
Pana0009.jpg (91.59 KiB) Viewed 8752 times
Pana0018.jpg
Pana0018.jpg (71.12 KiB) Viewed 8753 times

alexander

Post by alexander »

and...
*engine bay with hardware in a recess under the bodywork
*close up of the hardware... .EDIS, coil pack, brass plenum to equalise the vacuum signal from the 4 individual inlet runners
wiring a bit messy, and not fully happy with that, but will be working on that.

not mj related, but the gal bracket and push button switch is an engine bay starter switch. i have found this hugely useful when working on the car, so i can turn the engine over without getting in the car. i should add that it is complemented with a battery cutout switch just below it, which i can easily remove by reaching down through the close engine cover

the relay is turned on with the old coil +ve wire, coming from the ignition switch. the relay then connects power to the mj, the coils and the EDIS, all through a common single fused wire. that is the red wire which can be seen in one photo, coming from the B+ on the alternator.
Attachments
Pana0015.jpg
Pana0015.jpg (97.71 KiB) Viewed 8747 times
Pana0012.jpg
Pana0012.jpg (125.42 KiB) Viewed 8748 times

sunray

Post by sunray »

Nice work! I really like the pick-up coil set-up in the distributor for the trigger. Keeps it very clean!