Mini Aldon Yellow

Browse and share Ignition Configurations in this forum

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

KLAS

Mini Aldon Yellow

Post by KLAS »

with the help of a friendly Mini driver i got some data of a Aldon Yellow dizzy. it may not be spot on, so as usual use common sense and be carefull using this map

i "timed" it with 10° at 1000RPM and used the same vacuum as with the 123 maps as i don't know what kind of vacuum canister Aldon use
Attachments
Aldon Yellow.mjlj
(717 Bytes) Downloaded 1835 times

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

very good, now the ALDON RED :lol:

KLAS

Post by KLAS »

i knew you would say that :wink:
but no Aldon Red at hand
but if i get one, i will post the map

mr_bridger

Post by mr_bridger »

Hi Klas,
Nice bit of work there doing all those maps, well done!

one thing im not sure bout tho, is the was you have changed the advance dependant upon load, where have you got this data from? as a std aldon yellow, or 123 dizzy, doesnt have this facility, unless there is an easy way to work out how a vacuum advance module works, and they arent all the same either (ive never fathomed one out!!)

just curious!!

Cheers
Ross.
1380 A-series with SW5 running MJLJ

KLAS

Post by KLAS »

thats easy :wink: the 123 dizzy has a pressure sensor fitted and the load data is quoted in the .pdf on the webpage. i just recalculated the "Hg vacuum to kPa absolute (thats why everybody should be carefull using it as ther may be some errors).
some Aldons come with a vacuum canister, but i don't know what type they use, so i just used the load data from the 123 dizzy. otherwise it won't be to complicated to use the data from the vacuum canister to create a load curve. the Lucas canisters have the data stamped on, giving "starts moving at x "Hg", "stops moving at x "Hg" and "x° total advance added", eg. "3 9 12" meaning starts to advance at 3"Hg vacuum and stopps advancing at 12"Hg, adding 12° total. you can draw a curve with this data, its allways linear

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'm Waiting to the Aldon RED config :roll:

KLAS

Post by KLAS »

sorry, i don't have any aldon red data and no one over here i know

but i don't like dizzies any more, its so much easier to play with the MJLJ map to come close to the optimum that l will not keep searching the aldon data