Triumph GT6 running on Megajolt

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

AndyGT6

Triumph GT6 running on Megajolt

Post by AndyGT6 »

Here are a few pictures of my GT6 with Megajolt fitted, which ran for the first time yesterday :D :D . There is still some tidying up of cables to do both under the bonnet and under the dash, and the crank sensor bracket needs painting. The coil pack is a Bosch item from a V6 Vauxhall Vectra. The map was written using the method described in the forum, writing all the advance values from the distributor data in three tables ie. Vac, centrifugal & static advance, then adding all the values to create an initial map for the megajolt. Once the megajolt was plugged in, there was too much advance at idle. I'm sure this is due to the distributor vac advance figures relating to load as measured from the carburettor vac take off, I had my vac pipe attached to the brake servo take off on the manifold. Attaching the vac pipe to the carburettor vac take off brought the idle advance back down to where it should of been. As the preferred vac take off seems to be from the manifold, I'll rewrite the map when I get a laptop in a couple of weeks, its not so easy to plug the megajolt into the desktop once its fitted in the car!!. Still a fair bit to do, but probably the most enjoyable and interesting project I've done in the fourteen years I've owned the car.
Attachments
DSC01751.JPG
DSC01751.JPG (147.83 KiB) Viewed 8380 times
DSC01826.JPG
DSC01826.JPG (137.32 KiB) Viewed 8381 times
DSC01824.JPG
DSC01824.JPG (151.89 KiB) Viewed 8382 times

mwman

Post by mwman »

I have just posted this info, you might want to check it out.

"If you go for an electronic tacho as well, Chris Witor has had a blanking plug made to fill the hole including the dizy pedestal.
Just shim as before to set the end float on the oil pump / dizy drive gear.
The're not cheap but it does tidy up the engine bay!!"

Simon

AndyGT6

Post by AndyGT6 »

Thank you for the info Simon, where did you see this product advertised?, I did a quick search on the internet but could not find anymore information.

Andy