Accidently bypassed the 16-pin sockets

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

bflan2001

Accidently bypassed the 16-pin sockets

Post by bflan2001 »

Well, I read the directions thoroughly before starting and I still managed to mess up. In my defense the assembly guide is a little vague for these pieces. Anyway, instead of soldering the connectors to the board and plugging the 'integrated circuit' piece into the socket, I soldered the integrated circuit directly to the board. Do I need to throw this thing away and start all over again??? :( :x :evil:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi and welcome-

Not much to worry. The sockets are simply there to aid in serviceability should one of the components fail. As long as you installed the components in the correct orientation, you should be fine.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

bflan2001

Post by bflan2001 »

thats what i figured but just wanted to make sure. the megajolt is only temporary until i piece together a complete EFI/MS-2 kit.

i'd like to order everything from ASL but there's only 5 products left in their store?

EDIT: thanks for the quick response, btw! it's always good to see quality customer support behind a product.