Nissan L28 KHGC110 240K GT hardtop

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

aarc240

Nissan L28 KHGC110 240K GT hardtop

Post by aarc240 »

2800cc, LPG (autogas or propane+butane+'who-knows-what') fuel, moderate 276 degree cam, stainless +3mm exhaust valves, stock intake valves, supercharged, headers.
Liberal use of metallic/ceramic coatings throughout the engine.
MJLJ with v3.1. using 'option' input to switch between safe road and developmental maps, indash switch. (this will be more important later when the car gets more use in tarmac rallies)
Vauxhall Cavalier/Vectra CPS, laser cut 36-1 mounted behind polyrib pulley.
Ford EDIS6 module, Chrysler coilpack, shielded monel wire-wound plug leads, resistor platinum plugs.
TechEdge WB02 sensor to keep an eye on mixtures, also gives some clue when ignition is wrong (excessive change after tweak means go back a step!!)

Sorry, no photo's anytime soon - too much interest from competitors!

A big pat on the back for Brent Picasso and everyone else who has worked on and provided input to this project. It works a treat!

Test results (on a closed track) tell us that the ignition is good for 8000RPM plus.
However, soft rev limit isn't good enough for this sort of combination so I've now set the advance curve to retard the engine drastically after 7000RPM. That fixed the issue where the engine would 'flare' anything up to 1000RPM over the rev limit chosen on up-shift with foot still in it. Not a fault to my way of thinking, just means I should modify the source code to accomodate the type of use.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Very cool. Would it be too risky to post some exterior / action shots? ;)