Triumph Spitfire 1500 1976

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mikaking

Triumph Spitfire 1500 1976

Post by mikaking »

Had the MJLJ in for a bit now and is up and running properly, still some tidying up to do with the installation and some tweeking of the ignition timing. The car runs much smoother now with an increase in power, definately the best modification i've done to the car.
Attachments
Here she is in the rare sunshine we've had in the UK this year.
Here she is in the rare sunshine we've had in the UK this year.
Car1.JPG (93.1 KiB) Viewed 16128 times

mikaking

Post by mikaking »

Here's the VR sensor and trigger wheel. The bracket is far from pretty but is strong and does the job well. I had the wheel welded on to the crank pully, done by eye, and then turned to take any 'off center' discrepency.
Attachments
Trigger wheel and sensor
Trigger wheel and sensor
Trigger and Sensor.JPG (157.98 KiB) Viewed 16125 times

mikaking

Post by mikaking »

Here's the engine bay with the coil packs on the left hand side, as i said there's some tyding up to be done.
Attachments
Engine bay
Engine bay
Engine Bay.JPG (176.48 KiB) Viewed 16122 times

MKnight702

And what's next????

Post by MKnight702 »

I see that you also just happen to have a new 6 rib poly vee pulley mounted in front of the existing belt, now I wonder what you might be planning to do with that.

I assume that the fact that the Eaton M45 from a Mini has a 6 rib poly vee belt is purely coincidental :wink:

MKnight702

And what's next????

Post by MKnight702 »

I see that you also just happen to have a new 6 rib poly vee pulley mounted in front of the existing belt, now I wonder what you might be planning to do with that.

I assume that the fact that the Eaton M45 from a Mini has a 6 rib poly vee belt is purely coincidental :wink:

mikaking

Post by mikaking »

Yep, quite right, i do have Eaton M45 from a Mini. The whole reason i changed the ignition to MJLJ was to get rid of the old dizzy to make room for the blower. I'll post it up when its in. :lol:

Dicky Blighter

Post by Dicky Blighter »

You might want to have a look over here: http://www.sideways-technologies.co.uk/forum/Blah.pl few guys on here with some of the more extreme mods to Spitfires who would be interested in your project.