new user ford 2.3 question

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

backtaxes

new user ford 2.3 question

Post by backtaxes »

hey guys i am new to the board and have found the information on here very helpfull....first off let me tell you want i am wanting to do...have a ford 2.3 mustang that is a dirt track race car...i am wanting to put a distributorless igition on it for a number of reason plus the fact that the newer block have no provisions for the distributor....what i am thinking in my reading and research is that using a ford edis-4 is what i want to do....correct me if i am wrong or if what i am trying will not work....using the ford edis-4, vr sensor with 36-1 trigger wheel, 2 coil packs..and thats pretty much it....the edis will run in limp mode and 10 degrees BTDC...with this can i take and move the VR sensor degree to ajust the timing i need....i the dirt track racing i need the timing lock at all RPMS..and the 2 coil packs are for running a waste spark system that way i do not have to deal with a cam sensor and the EEC...thanks for any help and input...

Ben

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ben,

Yep - you have it correct. If you're running a 4 cylinder then you'll be using 1 coil "pack" - which has two coils in one unit.

If you need fixed timing then you can adjust the sensor position to get the desired result.

You can refer to the installation guide here: http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V3_ve ... tion_guide for the wiring diagram for the EDIS portion.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

backtaxes

edis

Post by backtaxes »

thanks for the response...thats what i needed to know if my thinking was correct before i started and realized that i was way off of something.

ben

backtaxes

EDIS 4 ford 2.3

Post by backtaxes »

ok i got one more question..on the wiring part i understand how to wire the VR sensor to the EDIS and the EDIS to the coil...my question is...i am running an older 2.3 head not the new dual plug....how to i need to hook the coil pack up so that the firing or is right..firing order is 1342...do i need to 1 coil pack or 2 serate i found the drawing of the firing order for a dual plug head and it has 2 coil packs...so i am just not sure

ben