Live Maping on the Rolling Road

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Rob Heslop

Live Maping on the Rolling Road

Post by Rob Heslop »

Earlier in the Year I tried to map my car on the rollers but had a few difficulties caused by my lack of understanding of MJ (I've running a VS2 PCB with the lastest VS2 firmware & configurer software VS 3.2.1)

Can I change the RPM & load bins whilst the car is running?

When you change a value in Tuning Mode (F4) is it automatically flashed onto the chip or do I need to press "write configuration" & "commit to flash" every time I make a change? also can I write configuration & commit to flash whilst the engine is running?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Rob,

You can adjust all parameters and flash the memory while the engine is running.

In the tuning view, there is a hot key ('U') which will enable real-time updating of the controller as you make adjustments. These changes are only made to the controller's RAM- to persist it in flash memory would still require the usual extra step.

Flashing is performed as a separate step primarily due to the extra time it takes for the processor to persist the configuration to flash.

Best,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter