1330 mini revs die at 3000rpm

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mini-sprite

1330 mini revs die at 3000rpm

Post by mini-sprite »

The little fella has been running ok with the base map but of late hes's acting up a bit. I reckon i know what the problem is but thought i would run it past you all first.

When you get to approx 3000rmp the revs just stop, you can't rev through it but if you let off and then get back on the gas it will. pick up is poor in high gear and has a miss fire causing loss of power. If you sit on the drive and rev a bit when the engine is up to temp it back fires out of the exhaust with a shot of flame which would suggest a retarded ignition and too much fuel if i remember correctly.

Why would this happen on the base map when i havn't changed everything?

I think it needs to go have a rolling road tune up, where in the Leeds/ west yorkshire area could i take it?

Anything else i can try myself before?

Paul

Gilesy998

Post by Gilesy998 »

I reckon you VR sensor bracket's vibrating mate, because it's at a particular engine speed.
If you've got a laptop, stick 'er indoors in the passenger seat and go for a drive. Open the runtime window (where you get the various statuses scrolling along and try and drive through the problem. You should see the RPM scale got crazy. Then try again on your drive.

mini-sprite

Post by mini-sprite »

Gilesy ive been texting you but i reckon i might have the wrong number :D Why would it start doing it all of a sudden when its been ok for ages? I'll have another check when he thaws out :D

Paul