Jaguar XK DOHC 6 4.2L / 3 HD-8 2" Carbs

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

KoolKat

Jaguar XK DOHC 6 4.2L / 3 HD-8 2" Carbs

Post by KoolKat »

Hi, for this engine, take a look at the video I placed on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8MuDssr3I

If this URL does not work, just go to Youtube and search for "EDIS JAGUAR" Super thanks to Craig K. & John H. for their help and guideance.
This will show bench testing the V3 board and cutting the teeth into the crankshaft dampner, not adding a 36-1 tooth wheel to the engine, using an index table. Mounting bracket for the magnetic sensor was made and installed on the timing cover of the engine. Currently I'm running the V4 board and running 38* advance. I received the ignition maps from Nick in Norway, super thanks to him. I hope the supplied pictures will help you and if I can answer any questions please let me know. Good luck with your project.....once your MJ board is working, you'll never mess with a dizzy again.
Mike Goodwin
1968 E Type Jaguar
Phoenix, AZ USA
Attachments
The Lines on an E Type are just right.
The Lines on an E Type are just right.
IMG_4402.jpg (174.5 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
Here is a shot of the dampner with the teeth cut into it, the dampner was rebuilt, teeth cut into it and then balanced.
Here is a shot of the dampner with the teeth cut into it, the dampner was rebuilt, teeth cut into it and then balanced.
11__copy 0276.jpg (83.1 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
A shot of the magnetic sensor mounted on the timing cover pointing to the dampner, clearence is.053 no adjustment built into the attachment block.
A shot of the magnetic sensor mounted on the timing cover pointing to the dampner, clearence is.053 no adjustment built into the attachment block.
11__copy 0262.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 6788 times

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Awesome car, I love it, I love it, I love it and i want one!!!!!!!

Have you had to do much to the car yourself?? Or has it always looked this good???
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

KoolKat

Post by KoolKat »

Hey Ryan, I've been very lucky to own this car 25+ years and have had just a blast with it. Some modifications with the engine but nothing to the body or interior. The orginal paint is crazing and it has some 100 MPH rock chips. The EDIS and MJ v4 have really brought the car to life and its a joy to cruise the highways and byways, stop by some time and I'll hand you the keys. 0 to 40 is a slight bit slow with a 3.54 rear end, but 40 to 100 is a snap.
Thanks,
Mike Goodwin
1968 E Type Jag
www.beataz.com