Mega Jolt Rev Counter Doesn't Match The Timing Light

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

ac_clarkson

Mega Jolt Rev Counter Doesn't Match The Timing Light

Post by ac_clarkson »

Recently fitted a megajolt jr lite to a triumph spit fire 1300, flick the keys and all is gd starts runs etc

the problem i have is that the rev counter on the computer software doesn't match my timing light, I can tell by ear that the timing light is correct ( plus have used second unit to double check ) I also know that with wasted spark i will get a double reading. At idle the figures seem sensible 14 advance 800 rpm timing light reading 15 1598 good enough for me but as you increase the rpm to say 2000 rpm on the software 16 advance the timing light reads 5800 rpm and 32 degrees advance as the rpm increases so does the distance between figures, changing the figures has an effect but not directly proportional to what is entered say you put 20 adv at 800 rpm it will run 16 on the timing light, weird hey

The unit is configured to 4 cylinder model and after checking all the data with a multimeter everything seems to check out fine the ford unit will run the car without the ecu also

any help to where i might be going wrong would be great?

ac

cng1

Post by cng1 »

It's not something daft and you've got a TPS unit with the TPS setup "upside down" so the top row is the bottom and the bottom row the top or the timing light picking up sparks from multiple leads?
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Welcome to the forum ac

First thing i would do is turn off/disconnect megajolt and just run in limp home mode with the EDIS. Then using your timing light confirm you have 10 degrees advance to prove confidence the system is setup/aligned correctly. Sounds like you have.

Do you have an external rev counter you can use to confirm rpm readings??

What sparkplugs are you using???
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available