Why can't I find the mjlj.JAR file!!??

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Todd Charles

Why can't I find the mjlj.JAR file!!??

Post by Todd Charles »

Got my board all built and tested. Great! Now I would like to get the software going. I have tried downloading everything atleast twice to no avail. I have followed all directions to the T. I am not much with commputers but I do seem to muddle thru when the directions are clear. At this point I am assuming there is a "MJLJtune-2.0.3.JAR" file somewhere but I can't find it. I have searched my entire computer and have opened every downloaded file looking for it. What am I missing? It has to be something simple a dolt like me is missing.

Also, I can look at the configureator without actually being hooked to the car, can't I?

Thanks, Todd

brentp
Site Admin

See the "downloads" section,

Post by brentp »

See the "downloads" section, linked at the top.

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Todd Charles

Thanks Brent but I already do

Post by Todd Charles »

Thanks Brent but I already downloaded "Version 2.0.3 MJLJ Tuning Software". Do I need to download anything else from the "download" area? I am sure I am missing something simple but can't for the life of me figure it out.The only "jar" file I can find is the comm.jar file I placed in it. I have also tried using the command line prompt. Any possibility the file was corrupted or misplaced? I have downloaded it 3 times with no luck.

Todd

Edit: Going thru the "Software" procedure I read:

MJLJ Configurator
Create an installation directory and download the current version of the MJLJ tuning software into it.

Also, copy the comm.jar from the java comm package into this same directory!!

What does "installation directory" mean? I just created a file on my desktop and downloaded to there. I then moved this to my program files. Is this correct? I then right clicked this file and copied the comm.jar file to it. Is this right?

Ivan

mjlj JAR file

Post by Ivan »

Hello Todd

When you go to the start button on your desktop
There is the search application you can use to find
the file in your computer.

The installation directory is only making a new folder in my documents or program files, wherever you want to place it.
To creat the folder you go to "file" when you have opend program files
there you see "new" and choose "folder"
Once you created this new folder you download the mjlj 2.0.3 tuning software in to it.
In this folder you have made there wil be the icon to start the program. Don't forget to copy the other files in to the same folder.
Good luck Ivan

Todd Charles

Ivan, Thankyou very much

Post by Todd Charles »

Ivan,
Thankyou very much for your advice and direction. I have tried all you have said and then some. I have searched my entire hard drive as you suggested plus I have searched every downloaded file by hand. I even downloaded the earlier 2.0.2 version and searched it. Nothing. I have tried using the command line to no avail (yes, I checked that it was pointing at the proper Java download). I searched all .jar files.

I feel I am making an elementry mistake due to some sort of ass-u-metion on my part but can't for the life of me figure it out! Could someone please download the program again, open it and find the "mjljtune-2.0.3.jar" file and make sure that is exactly what it is called and tell me how they found it? I have been trying to get this going since thursday. Thanks again,

Todd

Ivan

jar file

Post by Ivan »

When you have downloaded the programs what do you find in the
folder you have made to put it in?
Are the any files there?
You schould look on you computer for the Java directory and
see what you find in there.
Let me know what you find.

Ivan

Todd Charles

what's in my file

Post by Todd Charles »

OK, I go to the file I named "MJLJ-tune" and open it. Here I find *"META-INF" folder* *"org" folder* and "comm" executable jar file wich I placed there. When I open the META-INF folder I find a "MANIFEST.MF" file. In the "org" folder I find "megaJoltLite" folder. If I open the megaJoltLite folder I find a "presentation" folder and a "util" folder plus 10 "class" files. Apon opening the presentation folder I find 34 "class" files. In the util folder I find one "class" file. That's it.

I have done computer search for all .jar files and have found nothing related to this (except the .comm file). Where shoul I find the file I am looking for? Thanks again

Todd

Ivan

Hello ToddI wil look in the

Post by Ivan »

Hello Todd

When I did a search for the ORG folder I have found
it under the C:\unzipped folder.
Did the download unzip?
When I do the search for the "mjljTune-2.0.3.jar" file
my pc finds it in the folder that was made to donwload the
program in.
So I think that there is somthing wrong with the installation
proces.
Did the java program install correct?

Ivan

smithy

cant find

Post by smithy »

hi todd, have you had any luck yet .I have been trying to download sftware all week but no joy.My mate who is pc guru is looking but still no good yet!!,has ANYONE HAD any success if so please let me know cheers nigel

brentp
Site Admin

What files are you having pro

Post by brentp »

What files are you having problems downloading? everything under the downloads page appear to be working for me.

Have you reviewed the installations instructions under the 'software' link?

http://picasso.org/mjlj/?q=node/view/6

Brent

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

The file was unzipped somehow

Post by brentp »

The file was unzipped somehow- this should not have happened. Try downloading it again, into a folder on your hard drive. After downloading you should be able to see the "mjljTune-2.0.3.jar" file in that folder.

Be sure to review the software instructions here:
http://picasso.org/mjlj/?q=node/view/6

You might want to get some help if you're uncomfortable with the instructions.

Thanks,
Brent
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Todd Charles

OK, my first ass-u-metion! I

Post by Todd Charles »

OK, my first ass-u-metion! I unzipped the file! who would have thought you don't unzip a zipped file. I didn't even know a file would work zipped. That's the good news.

Bad news is I still have no mjljTune-2.0.3.jar file anywhere on my PC. I deleted the previous download then downloaded the configurator to a folder on my desk top without unzipping it. I do have a mjljTune-2.0.3.zip folder now. My JAVA program seems to have downloaded fine as I am able to play the demo games at their site. I have 47 .jar files on my PC but none I am looking for. I tried using the command line again with no luck either. This makes no sense to me at all. I should atleast be able to see the file after downloading and not molesting it in any way. I have very little hair to spare for this!

I am truly not as dense as this problem is making me look. I have read almost everything on this site and have studied the "software" instructions till my eyes crossed. I am not one of those guys who asks questions before doing my due dilegence first. I appreciate everything you have done for me sofar but I still need help. Hopefully just one more time! Thanks,

Todd

brentp
Site Admin

Odd. So, from the download pa

Post by brentp »

Odd. So, from the download page (link above), you download the MJLJ tuning program:

http://picasso.org/mjlj/dist/mjljTune-2.0.3.jar
(same link from the download page)

Does it somehow get renamed when it gets saved on your computer?

If so, rename it to '.jar' and see if that works?

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Todd Charles

I just downloaded it again af

Post by Todd Charles »

I just downloaded it again after wiping my other downloads from my PC including the recyle bin. This is what it is called when I double click it: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\mjljTune-2.0.3.zip. Do I need to change the zip to jar? Also when I double click it, it opens up to the two folders called META-INF and org.

Edit: OK, I want to make clear my download procedure so you can see if I am doing something wrong. First click on the file at this site and select "save" to the default folder "My Documents". his then shows up in my "My ducuments" file as a zipped file labeled "mjljTune-2.0.3 88kb". I then copy the comm.jar right on top of this. Then if I open this file by double clicking I see the comm file and two folders, org and META-INF. These do not have .zip extensions but do show to be compressed under "properties". None of the files (not folders) show compressed though. When I do a search for .zip on my PC the only related file that showes is the "mjljTune-2.0.3 88kb". Of coarse I still can't find the .jar file.

Todd

David Withers

.jar file

Post by David Withers »

Todd is correct in observing that the link says

http://picasso.org/mjlj/dist/mjljTune-2.0.3.jar

but the file you get is

mjljTune-2.0.3.zip which doesn't seem to contain the .jar file.

There is something wrong with the links I think.