when using a timing light.....

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

boostedmini

when using a timing light.....

Post by boostedmini »

Hi all,

I have my VR sensor lined up on the 9th tooth from the missing tooth on my EDIS4 system and car runs great.
however when i put my timing light on the car and set the MJLJ to 0 and using my snap on timing light scroll to "0" to see how close i have the point for my sensor i am right up at about 25 degrees, if i alter my senosor so it is showing "0" also the car farts and pops as the timing is so far retarded, when the car runs great timing is at about 54 degrees and my timing in the MJLJ map is 25 degrees.

could this be related to the wasted spark and the timing light picking up the wrong spark? being is is pretty much double the programmed reference?

anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Grant

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Try turning the inductive lead over 180 degrees. That way, it senses the pulse going the other way. Others have had trouble with advance timing lights, and had to switch to a regular one, no advance. Plus especially Snap-on seems susceptible to problems.