Tachometer

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mini_mad69

Tachometer

Post by mini_mad69 »

What brand of tachometer works with megajolt?

I've tried using a TIM one and it doesn't appear to work, however it was second hand and I can't be sure it works at all.

It's meant to work off the negative side of the coil on a distributor run ignition car, would placing the wire that usualy goes there to the megajolt tach out pin make it work?

Well, im looking to buy a tastefull tachometer that definatly works with megajolt, any suggestions?

cng1

Post by cng1 »

What you have should work via the coil pack. If it is like most Tim gauges I have seen it will have a cylinder selector on the back. Hook the feed up to the coil pack connections from the EDIS module and flick the switch between settings and see if the gauge matches reality. Some of the TIM gauges will work off the EDIS module/Megajolt tacho feeds but I don't know whether that is just some of them, most of them, all of them or what.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

spandit

Post by spandit »

Would a diesel tacho (that connects to the "W" terminal on the alternator) work with the MJLJ output? My petrol engine redlines at 4500rpm so most petrol ones have too high a range