RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Single unit install solution for DLIDFIS ignition setups?
Post Single unit install solution for DLIDFIS ignition setups? 
Brent, I'm not sure if the current MJLJ will suffice but I've recently done my first DLIDFIS (deep breath...Dual Leading Ignitor Direct Fire Ignition System...phew) on a rotary motor that's outfitted to another of my corolla projects.

My setup uses the following:

-factory distributor (not the CAS type) for the Leading & Trailing triggers (both ignitors on the dist are gutted and wires soldered in for direct connection triggering)
-3 of the 4 connector GM HEI type ignitors mounted to a grounded plate
-3 separate coils (2 for the 2 separate leads - 3 if it's a 3 rotor setup, etc...- then 1 for the trailing which is connected to the fact. dist.)

I've attached a couple of pics to better illustrate all my yammering on the wiring and the gutted ignitors.

I was just wondering if a unit could be designed that would be a single enclosure. Maybe it would be something like a combination of the up and coming Megajolt COP and the Distributor triggered versions combined.

Here's how it looks in my engine bay:

I made it a point to keep it as clean as I could envision it but I thought maybe if it were in an easier "package" AND possibly programmable it would be quite cool especially in the rx7 / rotary motor community.

"Poverty is not a virtue."

It's possible MegajoltC could handle that with LS-1 coils. The firing points for the coil packs will be very flexibile, but all still referenced from the same "TDC" reference point on the crankshaft.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1