megerjolt lite jr. configurator

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

babsy988

megerjolt lite jr. configurator

Post by babsy988 »

Hi there im all a bit new to this sort of thing so i was wondering if any one could help me. I have recently purchased a megajolt lite lr, i have wired all up to my zetec and its running fine on the base map. i have installed my megerjolt configurator cd that came with the megajolt but it wont open it just says mjljconfig.exe has stopped working so i tried down loading it off the website still no luck says the same thing. i have tried all the different versions not sure what to try next? I am running windows 7 on toshiba laptop. if any ones can suggest anything i would be grateful.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Sorry you're having a problem. Let's see what we can do.

Is the installer failing, or is it failing after installation and you're trying to run the actual program?

Would you be able to install it on a different computer, just as a test to see if it would work there?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

babsy988

Post by babsy988 »

Thanks for your reply . It says that installation is complete but when i try to open the configurater in the start menu it comes up with the big megajolt litejr message across the screen then the message mjljconfig.exe has stopped working. i havent got access to another computer to try.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Got it, thank you.

Do you know how to start your computer in 'safe mode' ?

One problem we've seen with the configuration software is compatibility issues with Display Drivers. Putting the computer into safe mode uses a 'safe' display driver and is useful for diagnosing these conditions.

Here are some instructions for loading into safe mode:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -safe-mode

see if you can get the program to launch this way.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

babsy988

Post by babsy988 »

Yes it opens in safe mode now thank you, but it wont let me talk to the megajolt because it wont let me use the usb serial port in safe mode. any ideas, sorry for all the questions.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Good to know.

You can do 2 things:

Choose "Safe mode with Networking" - which will probably let you use your usb-serial adapter.

Better option- you can also update your computer's graphics drivers - this is probably where your problems lie - the 3D graphics in the configuration software is having an issue with the display driver.

If you have problems finding updated display drivers for your computer's brand and model, let us know and we may help you with finding out.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

babsy988

Post by babsy988 »

Hello again i have gone through all my drivers and they say there all up to date. I have also restarted my laptop in safe mode with networking but it still wont let me use the usb ports. I have tried updating the drivers through divice manager is that the right thing to do?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The best way to update drivers is to find out the manufacturer and model and go download / install the latest drivers for the machine. Often, windows device manager will incorrectly say they're "up to date".

What mfg / model is your laptop?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

babsy988

Post by babsy988 »

Its a toshiba satelite c660. i have tried google for driver updates but im not really sure what im looking for sorry im not a lot of good on computers.

Svein

Post by Svein »

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks, Svein for the link!

babsy998, please keep us updated on your progress.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter