Using MJLR on a bike... possible due to high rpms

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Flo

Using MJLR on a bike... possible due to high rpms

Post by Flo »

Hello,
I am new to this forum and quite impressed! Really nice work!
I am thinking about an advanced engine management for my early 1980s Suzuki GS1100. A nice advance would be this ignition system, but I got a few questions if this is going to work:
-I got four single carbs on this engine, I read about the twin-webers where you suggest to put from all vacuum-pipes into achamber and from there to the MAP. Is this necessary or would the vacuum from one carb be enough, I mean would the pulsation be a problem? I dont want a mess of lines around my engine...
-Is there a possibility to use the system with higher rpms? I need at least 10000... will there only be a few software changes necessary or are there bigger problems? Somewhere else in a forum there was the same question but no answer...

I find this really interesting
Best regards
Florian

cng1

EDIS modules

Post by cng1 »

The EDIS modules are only really good up to the mid-high 9000s, the last I heard they stopped working aroung 9700.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

Flo

EDIS at high rpms

Post by Flo »

9700 would be enough for the first time... a bit more than stock (red line at 8700).
Whats most interesting for me:
Does the MJLr has enough entries for this large rpm-field? Will the "standard" software support this? OR will I have to change a lot in the code? I must admit that I am not really familair mith micro-programming...
Greets
Flo

[email protected]

Magnolia

extrapolation

Post by Magnolia »

With extrapolation between the map points, it would seem that you could build a very sophisticated curve with the number of points alllowed. Some guys posting here seem to want more, maybe they are capable of determining a more granular map on a dyno. Personally, at some point it dissolves into timing vs. fuel mixture vs. atmospheric conditions, etc. Make one minute change to an ignition map and then find out you could get more from an AFR change and then start over on the ignition........
I can't believe the RPM issue has not been more determined, what with the number of modified Honda Vtec's seeing swap usage, but again, one engine may not be the same as another and how do you know for sure what is peaking? And how could you possibly bench test? Some way would have to be determined to verify every spark and its characteristics. Maybe the electronic dudes can look at a scope. At least in a car you can determine if it still accelerates. Maybe an onboard WB O2 system like Innovate's could see missed ignition sparks in the exhaust. Their sampling rate is very high. But you got to have a setup that worked at high rpm before you swap in the EDIS to know the engine will run there at all. I haven't noticed the actual mode of failure at high rpm mentioned, does it miss or reset or what?

Oliver Sedlacek

Megajolt code limit

Post by Oliver Sedlacek »

The megajolt and tuning software represent RPM using an 8 bit value, scaled to 100 RPM per value. This means the RPM limit in the code is 25,500 RPM. Whether the hardware will run that fast is unclear.