no runtime data

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

christian

no runtime data

Post by christian »

Hello to all,

I successfully installed the MJ to my kent engined caterham. The engine runs and I can get thru to the MJ while Ignition is on. TPS is displayed. But when starting the engine for getting runtime data it is only displayed for one second. Then the MJ programme is not working anymore. The computer has to be restarted for opening the configurator programme again.

Anyone some Idea?

Thanks, Christian

mirouf

Post by mirouf »

reinstall the software test
I am French

christian

Post by christian »

Thanks for reply. I did reinstall the software but the problem stays the same.

mirouf

Post by mirouf »

I'm new, and more French, impossible to find information correct, even on this forum, served after sales is not good, I think :?
I am French

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Can you read runtime data for a long time with the engine to 'on' but not running? If so, the engine may be causing interference. Are you using Resistor or Non-Resistor spark plugs? You should be using Resistor spark plugs because they produce less electrical interference.

Are you using a USB to serial adapter? A USB to serial adapter may be sensitive to electrical interference. You may try a different USB to serial adapter, or test using a laptop with a built-in serial port (no USB-Serial adapter). You can also add distance between the computer and the car using a serial extension.

Please let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

christian

Post by christian »

Thanks for your Ideas. I will try to get some resistor type spark plugs. This seems to me being a possibility. Driving around today I also had a fading Rev-Counter above 4000 1/min. Propably the same reason. I will tell you the results.

christian

Post by christian »

I tried out Resistor spark plugs, and everything worked fine. Thanks a lot for your Ideas.
What is not solved yet is the rev counter vanishing above 4000 1/min.
I will try out further.