Megajolt on Nissan Z24 engine (NAPZ 2.4L) carb

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

luistone

Megajolt on Nissan Z24 engine (NAPZ 2.4L) carb

Post by luistone »

Hello
Is a Nissan 1984 720 4WD pickup Z24 engine carb, this engine has dual spark plug per cylinder one on the intake side and the other on the exhaust side, from what I read it was designed to intake fire first and exhaust fire a few degrees later to burn unburned gases this on low RPM and low load, on high rpm changes to exhaust side to advance spark, this is controlled by a vacuum switch and the ECM on the dizzy, it also have 2 additional switches neutral and clutch. Previous owners messed up with the ignition and vacuum so now don’t have the vacuum switch, neutral, advance is directly to a vacuum port, been working on it and now works well. Since the parts that I need to make the ignition to work properly are more expensive or hard to find been reading some ways to improve existing ignition or converting it.

Been reading about the megajolt and this is the better I found so I have some questions.

Could it be possible to run the system for my engine configuration fire first the intake side and after few degrees the exhaust side? Or since the system is more accurate than the dizzy this would be unnecessary? If this is the case could it be possible to fire both spark plugs at the same time?
I know the easiest solution is to plug just one set of spark plugs per cylinder but I´m interested in using both spark plugs.

Thanks