Hello from Minnesota

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

Matt D.

Hello from Minnesota

Post by Matt D. »

Hi everyone, I am Matt DeReus, I reside in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.

I found out about Autosport Labs through a friend's Chump Car team (Slugworks Racing) on Facebook who linked the Indiegogo project. From there I proceeded to fund the project and have been following it ever since.

Living in the north isn't the greatest for motorsports, but we do the best with what we have. :) I've owned a 2003 Mitusbishi Evo 8 for about 6 years and it's still my daily driver and track car. I began autocrossing with it shortly after I bought it and have slowly begun to co-drive other more competively prepared cars instead.

With a team of 4 other friends I am part owner and driver for Team Shake and Bake which runs in the Chump Car World Series. We regularly attend events at Brainerd International Raceway, Road America and Iowa Speedway. We started 3 years ago with a 1985 Toyota MR2, ran a 1991 MR2 in 2012, and have since ditched the idea of MR2s and are currently looking for a new car.

I wanted to get in on Race Capture Pro because I love data. :) Ideally it would stay in our Chump Car racecar, but I'd like to also have one available for my Evo when I go to track days and also dedicate one to which ever autocross car I campaign this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Welcome Matt! We have a lot of Lemons and ChumpCar folks who will use Race Capture for their cars. People like myself! https://www.facebook.com/teamjaywatch