How to test an Edis-module?

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Alex B

How to test an Edis-module?

Post by Alex B »

I had the complete system up and running on a test engine. This went ok, so I disassembled the installation and built it up again on the car it is meant for. The wires connected to the Edis module were not taken off at the connector side, only shortened on the other ends where applicable. When the engine is cranking and running (still on the old ignition) the module is getting 12 volts and is properly earthed. I measure no current on the pins for the VR sensor. The cables to the VR sensor are checked and are ok. I made sure the shield did not touch the connector pins on the sensor side. The pins in the Edis connector pin are completely in place so they should make contact, but I'll try to pinch them a little in order to be sure they make contact.

Is there a way to test the Edis module on a not too difficult test bench? Should there be current to be measured on pin 5 and 6 when the module is powered up through pins 8 and 9?

On the first start after the system transplatation the fuse (8 amp) that feeds the MJ, Edis module and coil blew. Could this be indicating something is wrong with the Edis module?

Tia,

Alex

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The best way to test the module is to stimulate it with a trigger wheel signal. There are various way of doing that- electronic simulation is one way, but the most realistic way is to literally spin a trigger wheel on a shaft.

You can also piggy back the sensor on a running installation- two EDIS modules can share the same sensor.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter