GPS view, how does it work?

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

GameboyRMH

GPS view, how does it work?

Post by GameboyRMH »

Is the GPS view working in RaceAnalyzer v1.1.7? When I activate it I get something that doesn't remotely resemble the driving route (diagonal line from the corners, or a K lying on the side) with a red dot that doesn't move as I play back the data. The raw GPS data looks right. Does it glitch out if you don't make a complete lap of a circuit? I'm using test data from some point-to-point street driving.

ddeltoro

Post by ddeltoro »

I had the same issue and thought something was wrong with my unit. It ended up being a software bug from the looks of it. I upgraded to the newest version and now my GPS data looks perfect.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That diagonal line issue was fixed by 1.1.7. Could you post your datalog here so we can try it out?

You can check your firmware by clicking Help/About in Race Analyzer 1.1.7 with RaceCapture/Pro connected to the computer. This will read and report the firmware image.

Data Junkie perk levels have 1.1.6 firmware installed. Get the latest 1.1.8 firmware here: http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCaptur ... e_Releases

Firmware installation instructions are link!ed on that page. Let us know how it works out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

GameboyRMH

Post by GameboyRMH »

Emailed you the log files, and got my RCP upgraded to 1.1.8.

GameboyRMH

Post by GameboyRMH »

Took another log today with firmware 1.1.8 and viewed it with RaceAnalyzer 1.1.7 on a Win7 PC, got the diagonal line again.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Got the file, will check it out today. I'm wondering if there are some invalid GPS coordinates that's causing a scaling issue with the view.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

highboosted

Post by highboosted »

I've fixed it before by manually deleting every log entry before the first set of coordinates. Seems the software assumes that if there is no entry it assumes the starting position is 0,0 lat long.