Success! & better delivery time assessment for the new confi

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

4600cc

Success! & better delivery time assessment for the new confi

Post by 4600cc »

On a sunny Saturday April 24th of 2005, at 13:40, a boy in Florida finally made his configuration program communicate with megajolt. Software read and updated configuration without any flaws. It finally works.

Two weeks ago I thought I will be finished with this in two weeks, but numerous communication flaws kept me from doing this in two weeks. Overall I'm about two months into this project now. It will be done soon. Communication part of the project is done, the rest is easy.

The following is a much more realistic delivery time assessment. I still need to complete file io, application config io, runtime display, general display, programmable outputs display, application config and options display. I can't put work required into hours, since I don't work by the hours, I work on launch and in the evening. It will take me 2 days for each one of those, except file and application io, which should take 4 days each. 16 days in total. Could be less, could be more.

AL

Paratime

U da Man

Post by Paratime »

Hey! Great job! Looking forward to trying it out.

4600cc

Programmable Outputs are done

Post by 4600cc »

Thought I let you guys know where I am now. Programmable outputs display is done. Next is General display, and not, it's not just a number of cylinders selection, mine has a lot more.

4600cc

General display is done

Post by 4600cc »

Ok dudes, general page is done. Up next is either runtime display or file io. Runtime will have engine acceleration as well, oh yea!

itguy

good work

Post by itguy »

Keep up the good work - can't wait to try it out!!!

4600cc

Runtime is done

Post by 4600cc »

Runtime display is done. It displays acceleration, min/max for everything. Data pull interval is configurable and I ran it today at 50 ms. Up next is data marking and file io. This thing is taking time here.

Ivan

whats up

Post by Ivan »

Hello 4600cc
I have a megajolt unit installed but haven't been looking
at the forum for a wile so have you written a new programm
to put on our computer with more options in it?
I don't know anything about software i am only a mecanic.
The megajolt is great but the program is somewhat basic isn't it.
So new features are very welkom.

Ivan

How can you place a picture on here ?

Todd Charles

I have been trying to keep up

Post by Todd Charles »

I have been trying to keep up with what you are doing but like others I know very little about programming so it is a bit confusing to me. If I remember correctly this is a Windows based program. If so, will it work with Win95? This is what my laptop uses and they are cheap. Thanks,

Todd

4600cc

My guess is yes.

Post by 4600cc »

I'm working in XP, there is nothing WINNT specific that my program uses. So it should work with Windows 95. You may need the latest service packs, and internet explorer. Now, runtime elements of the program may require you to have a CPU of a perticular speed or better. I haven't determined what the minimum system requirements should be. Minimum display resolution should be at least 800x600, 1024x768 is recommended. It appears that program takes 6 MB of memory thus far. It will need about 5 MB of disk space, 20 MB when I'm done with voice.

4600cc

Not yet.

Post by 4600cc »

Brent's program is basic and it is not written for the advanced stuff I want to do. It even has a bug, can't save currently loaded map after modifying it. This whole thing is taking a long time because I'm not full time on it, and because I started from absolute zero. However, most of the stuff is pretty much done, I should release it soon, in a month. A fully finished program will have graphs for your transmission's shift points. You will be able to detect minute changes in performance over little rpm intervals (via engine acceleration).

Josh_b

new software sounds great

Post by Josh_b »

so we will we be able to stream live runtime data to disk?

4600cc

si

Post by 4600cc »

"Live"

Data is pulled in intervals. Be it 500 ms or 50 ms. As engine accelerates from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm, data is sampled every t milli seconds. In this interval of time rpm could go up, advance could be adjusted serveral times, in other words it is not live, it is "live". The lower the rpm, or the lower the engien accel, the better resolution.

Now, you tell me what you want to do with this data?

Ivan

new program

Post by Ivan »

So if you have made a new program do we have to change anything
beside the program itself?
Lord i don't know what al this firmware and other stuf meens
I only followed what to do on here to get the program.

I would like to place a picture of my engine how does this work?

4600cc

No

Post by 4600cc »

No, download program and use it, that's all. In the future I'll be looking at modifying the firmware, but for now it's just too much.

Ivan

new soft

Post by Ivan »

Sounds great hope to see the result soon and I wil check the
forum more offen!
ivan