UK order - Easy Questions!

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

geoffnipple

UK order - Easy Questions!

Post by geoffnipple »

Hi! i'm lookin at a megajolt for a fast 998 mini i have planned, ive ben emailing Brent but as i understand it he's quitea busy chap and havent had a reply, so thought i'd post a few q's up here...

Which of the electronic components are particularly susceptible to blundering fools with hot soldering irons and not alot of experience!? technically, i should probably be ordering a fully built one but i like 'getting involved' (and am skint..!), but my soldering skill is pretty amateur..which ones am i gonna cook, basically...

Ive heard talk of a new board on some of the forums? one with native TPS and friends? will it be worth waiting around for that or going ahead and ordering the current board?

Finally, Brent, do you have any idea on the next realistic shipping date hould i order one? im not under any time constraints so it doesnt really matter, but wouldnt mind knowing..

Thanks alot everyone,

.Al Fraser

Todd Charles

I wouldn't be too concerned w

Post by Todd Charles »

I wouldn't be too concerned with frying anything during asembly. I am a complete neophite on these things and I had no problem at all. Once you get started you'll see. You may want to practice desoldering\resoldering a couple things on an old PC componet or radio etc. but it isn't necessary. Also use a 25-30 watt iron and some quality silver solder.

I always wanted a Mini ever since seeing "Goodbye Porkpie"! Gotta pay a mint for one on this side of the pond though.

Todd

cng1

MAP vs TPS

Post by cng1 »

Just run with the native MAP support, it'll be just fine. BTW if you don't already have one I've got one mini crank pulley left that's machined with the teeth in it - email me for more info.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

brentp
Site Admin

Hi, I'm working on a new b

Post by brentp »

Hi,

I'm working on a new board design- it's a ways out still but I will be looking for some beta testers. More info on that later.

in the meantime, I will be finalizing the new firmware, which will work on existing boards. Features here include:

- full interpolation between RPM and load points
- on the fly switchable ignition configurations (requires small mod to existing board revisions)
- soft rev limiting feature on rev limit output switch

As for current orders on, I have about a 1 week processing time before items are shipped out.

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Todd Charles

Whoa!! Soft rev limiting? How

Post by Todd Charles »

Whoa!! Soft rev limiting? How are you doing that? Can't wait!!

Todd

TobyAnscombe

Have you still got a milled u

Post by TobyAnscombe »

Have you still got a milled up pully? I'm looking to get my race midget running crank fired as a precursor to going the whole EFI route

greypride

pulley

Post by greypride »

i could be interested in this if it hasnt already gone, or any tips you have on its construction