Greetings

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

Shiftlink

Greetings

Post by Shiftlink »

My name is Cameron, I'm from NC but right now I live in Northern Virginia near DC. I've been involved with Club racing, mostly SCCA, since about 1999. For the last few years I've also been the crew Chief for a World Challenge team, we run VW's in Touring Car. Tristan Herbert is the driver, #33 VW GLI.

I'm using the RCP on a new effort we have going, it is a 2008 VW Jetta TDI that we are running in SCCA STU, we have been getting beat up pretty bad, but that seems to be the class we can fit into with the turbo, the DSG trans, and the Diesel fuel. Right now I'm working on getting the car down to minimum weight, 2760 which is a stretch for a MK5 Jetta, much less one with a heavy diesel engine and heavy DSG transmission.

I'm interested in using the RCP mostly for engineering type data, starting with an EGT and Boost sensor, and may expand that to some suspension data, and this IR tire temp idea has really gotten my attention.

I'm also a Ham Radio operator, which I bring up because I have a little side project where I am building a mesh network using "Broadband Hamnet" firmware on some Linksys WRT series routers. I'd like to get that running for our VIR 13 hour effort this year, stream an IP camera back to the pits and maybe we can figure out a way to get some RCP data streaming back as well. Right now between my Brother and I, both Hams, we have 8 nodes ready to go, and have already figured out streaming video over the network. The challenge at VIR will be to actually cover the whole track with the network.

I'm excited about this project, Race Capture Pro, and looking forward to really digging into it.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi Cameron! Your video setup sounds pretty neat, let us know how it works!
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs