EDIS 6 Handling high rpm and turbo boost?

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dennis240

EDIS 6 Handling high rpm and turbo boost?

Post by dennis240 »

Hi All, was woundering if I should worry about problems of misfire on a inline 6 3L motor with EDIS6 it had a disributor but I replaced it with EDIS. It is 2JZ-GE toyota motor will be with a turbo up to about ~25lbs.

-Dennis

Todd Charles

You may consider going to the

Post by Todd Charles »

You may consider going to the hotter MSD coils and narowing your plug gap down to something around .022" or so. Other than that the system should be capable of doing what you ask.

Todd

geoffnipple

Hiya, just a quick thought, a

Post by geoffnipple »

Hiya, just a quick thought, although now i think it might not be an issue but ill put it up anyway!..

The MAP sensor reads up to 36ish PSI, if this is Absolute pressure then it will only read up to 36 - 14(atmospheric) 22 psi of gauge pressure, ie boost...

However now i think about it theres not many reasons why it should measure absolute, in my mind its gauge and you should be OK, the reason it might be absolute is becase nowhere on the datasheets does it specify a lower pressure range, its either fine from 0 to -14 psi gauge, OR it measures absolute..

I think EDIS is ok up to just before 10000 rpm generally...Let us know how it goes!

.Al

dennis240

I'll give the stock coil a tr

Post by dennis240 »

I'll give the stock coil a try and then move on if need be. Here is a link to the Project page on the MegaSquirt site:
http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=6912