Accelerometer and Yaw Rate Logging Issues

Report any thing that looks like a bug or problem in the system here

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

robertlhammond

Accelerometer and Yaw Rate Logging Issues

Post by robertlhammond »

Hello,

Brand new RCP doing some bench top verification. Room temp, on the coffee table.

Accel [XY] & Yaw Rate are not logging correctly (random samples not written to .log file). RCP ver 1.2.6, RA ver 1.1.14. Windows 7 64 Bit. I haven't done any firmware updates, unit is as received (12/12/2013) after black Friday sale purchase. Powering unit using wall wart PS, 16.6 V, looks clean on scope.

Analog and GPS values have no write errors, seems to be isolated to the Accel [XY] & Yaw.

Also had one instance of accel & yaw values reading erroneously via sensor monitor (-2.5 Gs at rest). After a few power cycles it seemed to clean up. Calibration did not rectify (pegged the zero values).

Any ideas? I was going to step back a firmware rev and see if it changed the behavior...

Regards,

Rob
Attachments
1214_rc5p52pm_10hz.log
Sample Log file
(179.9 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Regards,

Robert H

robertlhammond

Post by robertlhammond »

Stepped back to 1.2.5 firmware, same issue.

Accel XY & Yaw are missing values.
Regards,

Robert H

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Robert, can you post your RCP configuration file here? we want to re-create if possible.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Took a look at the log file, we may have a bug in the firmware where it's mis-interpreting a zero G value.

I did not see in the log files any +/- 2.5G values - are you still seeing that problem?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

robertlhammond

Post by robertlhammond »

Brent,

I never saw the -2.5G issue in a log file - saw it in the sensor monitor and never recorded it. Just power cycled the unit and re-calibrated. Haven't seen it since.
Regards,

Robert H