Holden Ecotec V6 Conversion

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Brockster

Holden Ecotec V6 Conversion

Post by Brockster »

I have had this kit lying around in the shed for 4 years now and it finally going to used. The engine is an Australian Holden Commodore V6 Ecotec motor. I am a big fan of simple systems so eventually this engine will get straight conversion also but at the moment it has a carby adapted to it.
First up was the trigger wheel, the original has 2 wheels which mount inside the harmonic balancer these were removed and there was just enough room to squeeze in a wheel after turning up an adapter.
The bolt holes are all on different radius and not 90° separation, I have more pictures if you want to know how it was done.
There is about 2mm of clearance to the front cover after cleaning off the grime, I figured this will be okay as the wheel is mounted to the solid hub of the balancer.
Small solid mount for VR sensor was made to bolt on where original sensor was mounted.
More to come. If anyone sees a problem let me know so I can fix it. I am new to this stuff.
Brock

Brockster

Post by Brockster »

For anyone doing this conversion in Australia getting plug leads can be a hassle. I know they can be sourced from the net but I would like a readily available option. I thought it would be a better idea to make the coil lok like a common as dirt commodore coil and being lucky enough to own a lathe I decided to turn up these simple adapters. I think I seen some somewhere before on the net but if not they are a good idea IMHO. They simply push in with a snug fit and a couple of smears of silicone it should be sealed.
The pin is made of brass and the white part is made of nylon. I also cut lengthways down the end which pushes in the coil pack to aid installation and give a bit of tension to hold it. The nylon bit hold it all center. Took about an hour to machine all 6
Half leads clipped on the rest are waiting to go. I think it come out well. Also shown in the picture is the coil mount which is mounted the same as the original coil.

Brock

Brockster

Its alive

Post by Brockster »

Got the motor in and been for a drive to get the exhaust hooked up.
Hydraulic to cable conversion for clutch.
Sump gasket was leaking so of with the sump to fix. It never ends. On the plus side I just got a supercharger of a commodore for it :twisted: .

Should be fun
Brock