RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Windows 8.1 Configurator not running.
Post Windows 8.1 Configurator not running. 
I mentioned this in another thread, but figured this was a better place for it.

The MJLJ Configurator has been running well on my Lenovo Miix 2 8" tablet for several months now.
All of a sudden the program will not display anything but the splash screen.
I believe this is tied to a Windows Update that cannot be removed.

When I tried to troubleshoot it today Windows said that it was an "incompatible program."

Any help would be appreciated.

Replying to my own post -- please don't shoot me!

OK, I'm really puzzled here, but I'll accept it. Here's what happened. I shall refer to my MJLJ configurator program as "the program" from here on.

I tried different compatibility settings -- during the testing process the program launched correctly. So I told the troubleshooter to use these settings. I closed out the troubleshooter and the program. I tried to restart the program and it only raised the splash screen and went no further -- again.

At one point I tried opening a second instance of the program directly from the executable file and it opened correctly under the other non-functional instance. I found that I could double-tap on the splash screen and shut down the non-functioning instance. From there I could use the program. All this was being done with no USB cable connected. But when I tried to shut down the program, it hung and I had to use Windows Task Manager to shut it down. I took it out to the car and went through this procedure. After I set the COM port to the proper port all worked well. Surprise me -- it even shut down normally! When I tried it again in the house it started and ran properly -- and shut down normally. So I think part of the problem was that the program was set to the wrong COM port (I had been trying to get a Bluetooth adapter to work before this happened and that requires changing the COM port).

So all is well now. I am not sure what caused what, but I'll take the win.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1