Data Channels min and max on import

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

drj696

Data Channels min and max on import

Post by drj696 »

Can you manually set the data channels min and max when you import the data. The default ones are way bigger than any value that would be made for most channels. Also is the max RPM that can be read 10k. I have a motor that sees 13k regularly so if it cant be increased that is a real bummer.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

With the new V2 software you'll be able to specify the min/max values on the dashboard as well as in analysis mode. We're actively working on adding the dashboard features now to the new app. Watch the blog / forums for updates!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

imstimpy

Post by imstimpy »

I don't see a way to manually set the min/max values for a channel. My channel data appears as a nearly flat line in RaceCapture Windows. The same data renders properly in RaceCapture OSX, however. The data in Windows is there, and it can zoom horizontally, but vertical max is way too high and cannot be adjusted.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You can't yet. that's scheduled as a new feature for 1.5.0. https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... issues/772

Current list of Analysis related tasks so you can get an idea of what we're working on: https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... s/Analysis

Thanks, and hope this helps.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

swmotorsport55

Post by swmotorsport55 »

I am also having this problem, AFR and rpm appear as nearly flat lines but the speed is ok, I have installed version 1.9.0 but I still cant see a way of altering the scale? has anybody got any idea if I can alter this

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

On the analog channel configuration in your RaceCapture configuration, what does it show for a min / max value for those channels? You can see that by looking at the channel details when you press the gear icon next to the channel name.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

swmotorsport55

Post by swmotorsport55 »

HI the rpm is set to min 0 and max 8000 and the AFR is 0.5 to 1.5, the innovate gauge is programmed to the same so lambda 1 is 1 volt output, then I can just read the raw values as lambda

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

So, just to be clear; when you import the data, are you seeing your values change, but the scale is incorrect in the charts? Just want to ensure that what we're planning on will address your issues.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

swmotorsport55

Post by swmotorsport55 »

yes that is correct the data is there, I can see the figures changing but the chart is almost a straight line
Attachments
grab.jpg
grab.jpg (103.37 KiB) Viewed 2124 times

swmotorsport55

Post by swmotorsport55 »

hi just wondered if you have any advice on how to fix this ?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

There's a task to provide an interface for adjusting all of the min/max values for the channels in the app.

Until that is available in a future release, you'll need to re-import the data after editing the log file in a plain text editor (do not use Word or another word processor). You can edit the min / max in your original file using this reference:
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... _reference

You'll also want to go edit all of your channels to ensure future data logs are created with the correct min/max values.

Thank you for your patience, we'll work to make this easier in the future!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter