Track Map issues with Summit Point

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

lspector

Track Map issues with Summit Point

Post by lspector »

Trying again with V2, and can't get my track choices to properly load. I see several problems:

1- With Summit Point racetrack, there are two configurations listed- but they are not physically the same tracks- and won't be detected properly if they are configured that way. Summit Point Main and Summit Point Shenandoah are *distinct* racetracks, and do not share anything at all. There's another circuit that's not listed yet (Summit Point Jefferson Circuit), that is also distinct.

2- trying to add Summit Point Main, I get an error about missing start/finish lines.

3- when I add Shenandoah as an auto-detect option in configuration , the track that actually shows is Summit Main (what you show as "default"). At least there's no error...

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi lspector,

We set the start/finish line to https://www.google.com/maps/place/Summi ... f1ed83d728

for the regular summit point race track. You should update the trackmaps and then try adding it again. Thank you for the heads up!

There is currently a limitation on the auto-detection; you will have to select just one configuration for the track in the area (2 mile radius).

Please let us know if that now works for you.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

lspector

Post by lspector »

Hi Brent,

Thanks for addressing this one. Could you reset the start/finish for Summit Main to be 39.235206, -77.969013?

Any chance you'll have an option to set/reset the start/finish from within the app? This is possible from several of the android lap timers, and has been very useful when clubs use different layouts of the same track from week to week.

Regards,
Larry

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Larry,

Looks like the link got truncated in my reply above; the start finish line is actually right on the start/finish you defined.

The new app will have an 'expert mode' for defining the start/finish lines as well as the sectors. However, we do indeed want to support as many configurations as possible natively in the system - so if there's a configuration you need just follow the instructions here: http://race-capture.com/venues

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

lspector

Post by lspector »

Not sure what happened here, but I can no longer select Summit Shenandoah. Every time I do, I get Main instead. I defined my own version for now.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

This is a known issue in the current firmware where it cannot disambiguate different track configurations. We're working on a 2.8.0 release which will resolve this issue. In the meantime - yes, we recommend a manually configured start/finish line.

Watch for the next firmware release coming soon that will address this.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter