RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Megajolt with weber tps issue
Post Megajolt with weber tps issue 
Hi, I have been using my MJLJ for 2 years and it has been great, apart from when I have the software loaded up and start the car, after a few seconds I loose connection. I can only edit the software with the engine turned off.

Any ideas why?

My main reason for this post is I have just removed my bike carbs and fitted a pair of 48 dhla carbs with a new tps. When I first fitted this I calibrated the tps and it seemed to run ok! Now when I start it and rev it there seems to be a miss fire. Looking at the software and it is showing 100% throttle. I pulled the tps off an played with it in my hand and it still didn't change the readings. Unplugged it and gave it a gentle knock, refitted and it seemed to be back alive so I recalibrated it and the readings looked good. Start the engine up again, turn off and load up the software.... Back to 100% again..

I have checked the voltage between pin 1 + 2. It does move between .6v and 5v but when it's constantly showing 100% the pins read 5v and won't drop when you play with the throttle.

Any suggestions here? Looks to me like a faulty tps

Thanks lee

With regard to the software connection, are you running resistor plugs or non resistor plugs?

Resistor plugs are recommended as non-resistor plugs can wreak havoc with computer systems, especially poorly shielded / lower quality USB-Serial adapters.

Let us know what you find out!

On the other topic, you may very well have a faulty TPS.

The TPS loosing signal turned out to be a faulty TPS

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1