Trigger Offset adjustment

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

67ford

Trigger Offset adjustment

Post by 67ford »

Could someone tell me which way to adjust... So if my actual timing shows 8 degrees. would I put in a positive or negative 2 degree adjustment ?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi 67ford,

Did you figure this out yet? Are you saying the trigger wheel is mis-aligned by 8 degrees? The Megajolt software allows for up to +/- 5 degrees of adjustment; typically people will put a timing light on the engine and adjust the offset until it is spot-on.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

67ford

Post by 67ford »

I brought the engine to tdc and aligned the trigger wheel 5 teeth offset as required by edis-8. I have started it and it runs on the edis module only to verify install. I haven't hooked up a timing light or the mjlj. It is my understanding that it should have 10 degrees btdc in limp mode. I cannot adjust the crank sensor, but it should be within 2 degrees. Hypothetically If my timing light shows 8 degrees, and it should read 10 in limp mode...I would need to use 2 degrees offset in the mjlj software. In this case would it be a positive or negative value ?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hard to tell from how you're describing it, but if it's needing more advance, then... you would add +2 to the offset.

Of course, you can adjust the offset and simply verify it with the timing light, and adjust again as needed :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter