New Firmware

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

gizmodo

New Firmware

Post by gizmodo »

Can the new firmware be used on the first version of the RCP? The download page seems to indicate it can't.

toga94m

Post by toga94m »

------------
Learning Race Capture Pro... on someone else's car
Learning Python/Kivy on my own PC

JeffC

Post by JeffC »

Just confirming, the V2 firmware for RCP MK1 devices is in the works (and getting closer). We added a lot of features and since the MK1's flash is quite a lot smaller than the MK2's, we're aggressively refactoring to make sure everything fits and (more importantly) everything works seamlessly on the older devices.
Jeff Ciesielski
Engineer @ Autosport Labs

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

This is disappointing. V1 users are already getting left behind and that thing barely worked. Looks like it is time to find a new datalogging system.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We're testing a build right now and want to make sure it's good for people to use. Would you like to test along with us?

I want to re-iterate again that we've poured many hours into making MK1 compatible with the same firmware and app we're releasing for MK2; we're committed to not leave customers behind like other companies do. I hope what you see will show this to be true.

Thanks again for your support.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Updated V2 firmware for MK1 announced here http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=4323 Enjoy!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter