V2 software load error

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

flat6pilot

V2 software load error

Post by flat6pilot »

When I load the new V2 software on my XP machine I fire it up offline and the "KIVY" windows appears (it's just blank white screen) for a second then disappears. And nothing happens. It's kind of an older laptop, so I tried my newer WIN 7 Dell laptop but this time the "KIVY" window comes up and stays, but with an error in Japanese characters.

I finally tried my WIN 7 desktop and it fired up fine.

Does the RaceCapture app need something loaded on the machine for it to work? e.g. Microsoft Frames, JAVA, or some other 3rd party app?
Kyle Murphy
Bonney Lake, Wa
Track Car: Porsche 911sc

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

For the app you need a modern-enough graphics capability in windows to support OpenGL 2. Often, an update of the video drivers will take care of it. If that does not work, a more modern computer will be required.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

flat6pilot

Post by flat6pilot »

Thank for the clue, Brent.

I googled the net about Open GL 2 and like you suggested, I tried updating the display driver via the Device Manager window. It didn't work on my older DELL XP machine (no surprise) but it DID work on my slightly newer laptop though. :D

In case anyone is interested in finding an old, cheap laptop at RE-PC or something here are the stats that will also run the new V2 software:

DELL LATITUDE E6500 (Intel DUO P8400 2.27GHz) running 32bit WIN 7 SP1.

The display adapter that it lists is a Mobile Intel 4 series Express Chipset Family. Driver ver. 8.15.10.2302 (2/11/2011)
Kyle Murphy
Bonney Lake, Wa
Track Car: Porsche 911sc

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

We can't wait to get the same app officially released on android - then no more laptops needed trackside!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter