Can megajolt E be installed without a TPS

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Bowood14

Can megajolt E be installed without a TPS

Post by Bowood14 »

My first post of many! I have been offered a megajolt E to fit to my 2.0 zetec with twin 48 webers but they don't have TPS. I know I could fit one but Is it possible to use this megajolt E with crank sensor and edis only as I understand the megajolt jr works. Any help would be gratefully received Thanks Adrian

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Yes, but you get a very 2-dimensional performance. Only parameter that changes timing is rpm, load is constant so you end up with advance as programmed in the nill-load row. Not quite a performance boost.

Alex

Bowood14

Post by Bowood14 »

Thanks I have now worked out I can fit a TPS quite easily so will be😃 is there an idiots wiring guide anywhere for Zetec I have edis, TPS, crank sensor, coil all to be wired into megajolt E

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

In the "How-To" department of this website you'll find everything you need to know. I am not too Ford familiar, was Zetec still dizzy operated or did it have Edis?

Alex

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The alternative for measuring engine load is by using the MAP sensor option instead of TPS- this is the most popular option. The MAP sensor connects to your intake manifold using a length of vaccum line. All documented in the megajolt installation guide.

Hope this helps - let us know if we can help further.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Bowood14

Post by Bowood14 »

All done much easier than expected but had to think about it Preparation was the key!!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Awesome, thanks for the update!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter