Test Track

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

Max

Test Track

Post by Max »

Hello,

is it possible to import a track without sending it to you?

The background is that i have a test track where i want to test the system and the handling - sensor, gps and my software Modifikations.

Thanks for support! :)

toga94m

Post by toga94m »

I've been doing it by starting with one of the existing track .JSON files, editing it in notepad, then saving as a new filename (same number of characters but make it unique so it doesn't get overwritten later). Filename characters seem to be limited to 0-9 and a-f (hexdecimal characters). On my Win8 PC the track files are found at C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\racecapture\venues although the AppData folder is hidden (unless you tell File Manager to show hidden files/folders).

This works if you're just using the Windows PC to talk to Race Capture hardware. If you want the track to appear on your Android too, you need to copy the same .JSON file over to that device as well. On my tablet it's at Device/racecapture/venues or maybe /storage/emulated/0/racecapture/venues ...

If you're only concerned about having a start/finish line, RCP MK2 (and MK1 firmware 2.7.8 and higher) does proper lap counting, even with auto track detection turned off and just using the latitude/longitude of the start/finish line. You can get that from Google Maps or your own GPS, or RCP logfiles, or...
------------
Learning Race Capture Pro... on someone else's car
Learning Python/Kivy on my own PC

Max

Post by Max »

Thanks!
I will try this!