Pulling the trigger

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

jottofar

Pulling the trigger

Post by jottofar »

So looks like I am pulling the trigger on the RCP with obd2 cable and bluetooth to use with Solo storm. I drive a US 2009 mazda mx5 and my big question is will the RCP using the OBD2 cable pick up on the stock brake sensor and steering angle sensor from PID list.

And my next question is will the SD card still record data if I am using bluetooth to interface with solo storm. Thanks

info on solo storm
http://www.petreldata.com/product/solos ... o-package/

jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Just bought the same setup myself for a BRZ, also looking for steering angle and brake sensor output through OBDII/CAN but no luck so far. I am not a computer guy so this is looking pretty intimidating if I can't pull these from the OBDII cable.

jottofar

Post by jottofar »

jonesy wrote:Just bought the same setup myself for a BRZ, also looking for steering angle and brake sensor output through OBDII/CAN but no luck so far. I am not a computer guy so this is looking pretty intimidating if I can't pull these from the OBDII cable.
Hello Jonesy could you share with me what automatically came up ?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for your interest!

We have it on the list to enable custom OBD-II pids - we have the infrastructure to support it is in place; most of it is to expose it in the app's user interface.

Also, yes - you can record to SD as well as transmit data over bluetooth.

Any other questions, let us know!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

jottofar

Post by jottofar »

brentp wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your interest!

We have it on the list to enable custom OBD-II pids - we have the infrastructure to support it is in place; most of it is to expose it in the app's user interface.

Also, yes - you can record to SD as well as transmit data over bluetooth.

Any other questions, let us know!
Thanks :) My order has been shipped so hoping to have it in hand soon so I can start testing.

jonesy

Post by jonesy »

jottofar wrote:
jonesy wrote:Just bought the same setup myself for a BRZ, also looking for steering angle and brake sensor output through OBDII/CAN but no luck so far. I am not a computer guy so this is looking pretty intimidating if I can't pull these from the OBDII cable.
I am getting readings for:

RPM
TPS
Fuel Level
Engine Temp
Engine Load
Battery

Also, ask Mike at Petrel to add you to the beta list for the new software version, RCP wouldn't talk to solostorm with the current release. Successfully got the basics working today with solostorm using the beta release (GPS, accelerometer/yaw sensor, RPM, TPS).

jottofar

Post by jottofar »

jonesy wrote:
jottofar wrote:
I am getting readings for:

RPM
TPS
Fuel Level
Engine Temp
Engine Load
Battery

Also, ask Mike at Petrel to add you to the beta list for the new software version, RCP wouldn't talk to solostorm with the current release. Successfully got the basics working today with solostorm using the beta release (GPS, accelerometer/yaw sensor, RPM, TPS).
Thanks for posting. I have been emailing with Mike but he never mentioned any of this. I will have to follow up with him.