Kivy fatal error on netbook

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

Copper280z

Kivy fatal error on netbook

Post by Copper280z »

I tried running the v2 application on my netbook, which is an old Asus 1005pe, single core atom 2gb ram, unknown gpu but probably integrated.

When I run the app I get a popup that says something like "kivy fatal error" in English, then the rest if the error is in Japanese/Chinese type symbols.

Does this sound like a hardware inadequacy or a code bug?

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

It's likely your display drivers don't support OpenGL 2. Try using a newer laptop, or try updating the display drivers on the current one. Hope that helps!
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

Copper280z

Post by Copper280z »

That's kinda what I thought might be the issue. I haven't paid much attention to graphics in the netbook/tablet area, do you know if opengl 2 is supported on most newer mobile hardware or if I've got to seek it out specifically.

I've been running the app on my desktop, but it's a pain to bring the rcp box inside to make config changes.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

You're in luck, our Android beta app is the same as the Mac and Windows app, so you can do all the configuration from the app (minus updating firmware).

To learn how to get into our beta, see our blog post here http://www.autosportlabs.com/racecaptur ... roid-beta/
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs