Running sequential shift light for RPM and Temp

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

adam

Running sequential shift light for RPM and Temp

Post by adam »

I'd like to run a sequential shift light (SSL) for RPM, and a second SSL for Coolant temp. This way my driver can just watch for lights as he hammers laps. We in the pits will keep an eye on values. We'll still have gauges in the car too.

My assumption is that given that we have 3 digital I/O ports to work with, this is only possible if I split the 3 output signals up among the 2 SSL, like make the RPM one just be 2 stage and make the Coolant one be one stage. Is this an accurate assumption?

If so, can anyone help me with the lua scripting for this?

I've got the SSL working nicely by it self https://youtu.be/x3UQ5W_U_9E

Thanks
Adam

momostallion

Post by momostallion »

have you considered just using the single 3 stage sequential light and customizing your LUA script to trigger the different stages of LEDs?

set your RPM up as normal.

make the red (or yellow) also trigger based on your coolant temp. you could also make it flash.

adam

Post by adam »

momostallion wrote:have you considered just using the single 3 stage sequential light and customizing your LUA script to trigger the different stages of LEDs?

set your RPM up as normal.

make the red (or yellow) also trigger based on your coolant temp. you could also make it flash.
I had considered that,its a neat idea. My thought was that given the shortness of the red segment of the SSL it doesn't stand out too well (at least not for a color blind person like myself ) and that's 2hy I'd want a second SSL.

I really like your idea of blinking. That'd be really cool. I kave no idea how to set that up though.

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

You could try running one off the GPIO and one off the analog out. I would also suggest you take a look at this script: http://autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=4328