megajolt V3 possible with omex clubman rev limiter?

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

whm_fab

megajolt V3 possible with omex clubman rev limiter?

Post by whm_fab »

Hi Guys,

I tried to do a search but not a lot came up, if this has been discussed before I apologise!
Ive just bought a megajolt V3 with all the edis stuff to convert my ford xflow from dizzy.
As I already have an OMEX clubman single coil rev limiter from my last setup, can I use this ?
If so, in what way do I wire it? Im assuming its not as simple as connecting the coil wire from the omex unit to the rev limiter output on the MJ –maybe im wrong!
Can anyone shed any light on it? If this wont work, what is the most cost effective option for me? I really need a limiter as I use the car for autotesting/rallies on gravel.

The unit I have

http://omextechnology.co.uk/OMRLC.pdf

Thanks!
Mark
:)

whm_fab

Post by whm_fab »

anyone ? :(

gnulpt

Post by gnulpt »

Hi Mark,

if you look at the manual that you posted, there are instructions how to wire the Omex for twin coil operation.
In my opinion, this should work.
It makes sense that they say that you need to set the number of cylinders to 2 instead of 4 since this is a wasted spark installation, so the coils will fire twice, hence you need to set to 2 cylinders to get the RPM settings right for the Omex.

At the end of the day, the Megajolt is not really involved, since the this will cut power to the coil pack from the EDIS module.

Just connect the rev limiter as shown in the drawing on the coil.

Klaus
XFlow loud and proud...